When I feel stuck in a rut with my writing, I will try one or two actions to inject some adrenaline into my writing craft. I’m still working on my W.I.P. but I’m going to participate in NaNoWriMo throughout November just to give me a break.
Here are some other things I do:
- Read a book on the craft of writing.
- Go to a writer’s conference.
- Handwrite a scene from one of my favorite novels.
- Read a book in a genre I usually don’t touch.
- Go to a book discussion group.
- Design a cover for my WIP.
Here’s an article with more ideas when feeling overwhelmed as a writer:
Check out my Amazon Author Page .